You know the fantastic noise that fire alarms make, and how you feel about the people who cause them?
I'm sure a swear word or two were aimed in my direction
when I caused the fire alarm to "serenade"
my apartment complex this afternoon.
I’d
like to say it went off because I’m so smokin’ hott,
and while I totally am, that’s not the reality.
The most convenient/filling thing I could find
to eat was a can of pork and beans.
to eat was a can of pork and beans.
Matt and I have a limited number of bowls
we can put in the microwave,
we can put in the microwave,
and it just so happens that they are all dirty.
No, I
still haven’t washed them.
Don’t be too hasty in your judgments, however;
they’re from weeks ago.
Just Kidding. They're from this morning.
they’re from weeks ago.
Just Kidding. They're from this morning.
Anyhow, I thought one
of my pots would do just fine at
accommodating my pork and beans
whilst they heated in the rays of the quick cooker.
whilst they heated in the rays of the quick cooker.
If something can withstand an oven and a stove top,
why on
earth shouldn’t it successfully endure a microwave?
The problem with that question is...
ONE: I’ve actually never tried putting my pots in the oven.
Why I found it a valid point at the time is a mystery.
TWO: If "the something" is aluminum…
It doesn’t work as far as microwaving things goes.
It does work as far as
having a lightning storm
in the convenience of your own home!
I gave an inspirational “ted talk” about achieving dreams
today.
I’ll take my own encouraging words:
It’s better to try, fail and learn,
than it is
to never try, and never learn.
to never try, and never learn.
I'm sure the deeper lessons of this experience
will reveal themselves with more clarity in time,
such as the importance of patience, and thoroughness of thought.
But for now my pork and beans taste like cancer.
& I have more dishes to clean.
& I have more dishes to clean.
that is so funny!!
ReplyDelete