Friday, October 18, 2013

I Have No Clue


News Anchors are people I enjoy mocking. I auditioned to be one yesterday.
My experience went as follows:

ONE: 
I entered the studio,
 and noticed the table had built in TV's.
Furthermore, my partner and I were on the screens.

I have pondered on the purpose of this 

and have concluded that
News anchors must be more narcissistic than I thought. 


I then realized how good I looked! 


TWO: 
I fumbled around with the clip-on mic for a few minutes,
 until I settled for the least-awkward spot on my super shiny blue-button up.

THREE: 
They told me to scoot closer to my anchor friend. 
I moved too close. 
They gave me sitting at a table for dummies advice.
The trick, they said, is to line your belly button up 
with the green piece of tape. 
Alignment paranoia ensued.


FOUR: 
I had no idea what to do with my limbs. 
I'll admit I copied just about every move of my partner.

FIVE: 
When I introduced myself I think I used a phone greeting, 
"This is Melissa Co- I mean, Thurm."
(can't seem to let go of my maiden name)

SIX: 
My comrade must have sensed my total absence of focus,
 and read my story. 
No Worries, 
I read his with over the top enthusiasm.
They like that, I think.

 

SEVEN: 
My shoulders did the classic
"I'm too tense to handle this well" scrunch.
Confidence Communicated. Check! 

EIGHT: 
The moisture completely disappeared 
from my lips. 
I used my tongue to moisten them. 
Couldn't have been more professional.

NINE: 
I squinted my eyes to read.   
I have perfect vision.  
Perhaps they'll fall for it as my intellectual look...

TEN: 
The script ended. My lips were twitching from my mock, 
"I'm finished, but I'm beautiful so 
you can keep looking" face.



Needless to say, I'm a natural. 

#gotthisjobinthebag #trysomethingneweveryday!


No comments:

Post a Comment