Thursday, October 17, 2013

We Found Us

There is a place in a time called before
In it was you and me

and many more

we laughed and we played and we probably cried
we wished one day

to be eternally tied

we knew we must leave "before"
to receive this blessing 

we had in store

this meant for a time we'd forget
so we made a plan 

and painted it

you and I were in the center
surrounded by 

what life would render

we took it apart and put it back together

we hoped that would prepare us
 for the separation we'd weather

you left first, I left later
we had faith

 in our creator

I began my puzzle the day I was reborn
and again at 12 

from the world I was shorn

a big piece awaited, I knew in my heart
a piece I desired 

from the start

depressed and discouraged I left my home
and traveled 

to a place called BYU-Idaho

my friend wanted to swing dance and I wanted to, too
I danced with him, and him 

and then I danced with you

after that night we've laughed, and we've played, 

and we've certainly cried
on August 15th we were eternally tied

our painting held true

you found me, 
and I found you

No comments:

Post a Comment