Saturday, December 28, 2013

Makeshift but still Legit

Hello phone. Oh, you have a new update? Will I hate it as much as the last update?

As many of you, I cling to what I know and fight what is new. People talk about photo shop, Indesign, phones that have a level of intelligence and I'm like whaaaa....? 

My petition to the world is that we'd be just as happy with out any of it! In fact sometimes these advances in technology add to my misery.

Any one ever master a different software program to avoid the obnoxious reaction of, "You still use that?!"  Once you've got yourself up to speed you go on boasting about it and that kid who must never sleep at night pipes in, "That program may have been cool a few hours ago, but now there's 10 better ones." Well you know what sleep deprived children? I'm over it.

My brain doesn't work in public settings very well, so I don't prefer to use campus computers with access to higher-end programs. My budget doesn't stay in the positive very well when I have to buy these programs.

In the past month I have made do with what I've got, and the results may surprise you.




I used powerpoint to create graphics, and to design my public relations book. A's on both projects. 

The books on the left are from google






2
I needed to give my client digital access to their PR book. So I bought a CD from the bookstore and used shoe glue to make it stick. 





3
I'm no expert videographer. I am the videographer behind this video. Any guesses what camera? Try the iPhone. Sam's plastic dresser drawer made for an excellent tripod. Her sheets served as light filters. I just recently used my germ-ex bottle in combination with a wall as a tripod for my phone. 
I was fully captured in previous videos. This happens to be the video where I wasn't fully captured, but was fed up with practicing.  I had to send a practice video to my teacher of the above mentioned business presentation. Would you like a tripod that can move- like a dolly





this photo was edited on iphoto! How neat is that?!

 Please share your makeshift- but still legit techniques!


No comments:

Post a Comment